Step 3: Get equipped and trained
How to start testing:
- Sign up for an account
- Learn how to use your testkit here
- Learn how to upload your data to our platform here
- Bring your kit to the water to test. Use your field guide to make sure you conduct your tests effectively
- Test some more! Testing once a week is perfect, and allows you to see trends
- Take photos and upload them with your observations
- Help us make the kit better! Let us know your thoughts on the whole experience: what was frustrating? what was surprising?
Yes! We offer a bulk discount of 5% off when you order 10 or more of our Freshwater Explorer testkits or Compact Freshwater testkits, and 10% off when you order 20 or more.
Every item in our testkits has been carefully researched. We’ve compared them to other available items on the market to make sure we have the most reliable and user friendly equipment. You can learn more about how we chose the different items in our testkit on our research page.
We are sorry about this inconvenience! We monitor our store as often as we can for any issues, but sometimes glitches and mistakes slip through the cracks. If you are having any problems purchasing kits or other supplies, please contact us and we will get back to you ASAP to fix the problem.
We’re glad to hear that you’ve been using up the supplies in your kit – that means that you are a super-tester! If you are looking for a re-stock, we have packs available here. If you need something that is not inside of this pack, check the store for other stand-alone products!
We sometimes have grants which can support sending out free items to testers. Contact us to find out more!
The answer depends on how often you use your kit! While our official schedule involves testing once per month, some of our testers decide to go out weekly. If you are going to test during our official testing weekends, the Freshwater and Compact kits will last well over a year. If you are going out to test more frequently, we recommend that you use some of the more expensive tests less often, such as the dissolved oxygen kit.