The toolkit is designed for students ages 12 and above, encouraging critical thinking and problem-solving on ocean-related issues using cutting-edge technology. It includes:
- Educational resources developed in partnership with Canadian microplastic scientists.
- Suggested lesson plans and instructional videos.
- In-classroom or optional field microplastics sampling activities.
- AI-based automated microplastics imaging technology called Saturna.
- Data evaluation and communication tools.
- 1 vial of recovered ocean microplastics collected from beach cleanups.
The education testkit is a curated experience to help teachers become experts in water testing. It includes:
- 3 sets of our most popular testing tools
- 1 dissolved oxygen testkit (30 vials)
- 1 refill bottle of teststrips (50 / bottle)
- 1 measuring reel for physical surveys
- 1 teacher guide
- 1 teacher clipboard
- 1 terry cloth towel
- 15 student cards (for filling out post-testing information)
- A goodie bag filled with paper stickers and badges
Wondering how this testkit integrates with Ontario, Quebec and British Columbia curriculums? Find out here.
When you buy an Education testkit, we’ll reach out to you to organize a call to give you tips and tricks to help you organize an excursion with your class! Or, you can add on a private training session.